Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ooo, That Hurts

I finally did it, I weighed myself. It's been a VERY long time since I've done it. Maybe back in the day when I got mono and had to go to the doctor's office. And since then I've gained about 40 lbs! Ouch!

But it's going to be okay. I feel like this is a very good step in the right direction. I've admitted that I need to strictly monitor what I take in and that I have a problem doing that efficiently. Buying a scale for regular use is going to help in that endeavor. Right? And without further ado, the grand total comes to: 219.4 lbs.

I guess part of the shock factor comes from the fact that since that long ago weigh in, I have surpassed the 200 mark. And that I need to lose about 40 lbs. to become non-obese. Still, knowledge is power and I'm glad and a bit relieved to know exactly where I stand.

For some much happier news, I went running again today. I did 3 miles at a little faster pace and added a bit of sprint work into the mix. I'm especially proud that I did my run even though my body just wasn't feeling it today. Hooray!

Goals for tomorrow:
* Weightlifting & walking
* Throw out all the tempting junk food in my house
* Come up with a healthy lunch I can have regularly

1 comment:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Getting on the scale for the first time in awhile is soooo hard, but kudos to you for biting the bullet. Now you know where you stand and can work on getting smaller numbers (I would KILL to weigh 219 but it's all a matter of perspective, eh?). And hooray for going running even when you didn't feel like it!